blogger visitor
SPORTS: Rooney: I need to impress Roy (THE SUN)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rooney: I need to impress Roy (THE SUN)


OVER THE ROON ... Wayne Rooney enjoys a golf day for the England squad
OVER THE ROON ... Wayne Rooney enjoys a golf day for the England squad
Published: Today at 16:52

WAYNE ROONEY wants to make a good impression with Roy Hodgson ahead of Euro 2012.

comment on this story
Follow The Sun on Twitter
The Manchester United striker is suspended for England’s first two group matches, but wants to play a part in the competition, which starts in Poland and Ukraine next month.
He said: “I feel good and I’ve got a few weeks before I can play. I will be ready if needed.
“It’s important I do my training right. I’ve had a long time to think about missing these games and obviously it’s disappointing. But it’s something I’ve dealt with really.
“With missing the first two games, you never know with the new manager if he’s got you in his plans or wants to have (the same) players involved in all the games.
“But I will get myself ready and as fit as I can be.
“It’s a tough group with some good teams. We have to make sure we’re focused on each game and take it from there.”
Asked about Hodgson’s contribution so far, Rooney added: “He’s determined to get the message across to us on the training pitch and is very much a part of every training session.
“It’s great to have him on the pitch, pointing out things maybe we need to know as a squad.”
And on the team’s Krakow base, he added: “In South Africa (at the World Cup two years ago) we were really isolated from the town centre.
“Here we can go out of the hotel if we want and relax a bit — but that doesn’t mean we are not aware of our roles.
“The important thing is to get ready for those games.”

No comments:

Post a Comment