blogger visitor
SPORTS: Balotelli: I’m a genius (THE SUN)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Balotelli: I’m a genius (THE SUN)

Balotelli: I’m a genius

I'M SUPER MARIO ... confidence has never been a problem with Balotelli
I'M SUPER MARIO ... confidence has never been a problem with Balotelli
Published: Today at 15:18

MANCHESTER CITY striker Mario Balotelli reckons he is a genius.

The cocky Italian claims he possesses a “beautiful and wonderful” talent and says he is smarter than most people.
But the 21-year-old does admit there are parts of his game which need improving if he is to realise his dream of one day becoming the best player in the world.
Speaking to France Football, Balotelli said: “I think I am a genius, but not a rebel.
“I have my life, my world, I do what I want, without annoying anyone. I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.
“The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.
“There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing.”
The former Inter Milan hitman, who moved to City in 2010 for £20million, has his sights firmly fixed on winning the coveted Ballon d’Or – the top individual prize in football.
Balotelli, who is currently with the Italy squad ahead of Euro 2012, explained: “My dream is to become in time the strongest footballer. I know I am strong, but if I go on working I know I can become much stronger.
“The Ballon d’Or is the most important title after the World Cup and European Championship. It is an objective. I think I could be able to win it one day but I still have to work a lot.
“When I decide to score, I score. I know I am strong, but I believe it is not enough yet. I can kick fine, dribble very well, but I still have to improve.”
Balotelli’s future at City remains uncertain after he was involved in a string of controversial incidents last season.
Asked if he would stay at the Etihad, Balotelli said: “I don’t know. Personally I would like to stay at City, who I am fond of. Yes I would like to stay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment