Former Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko has backed Fernando Torres to thrive at the Blues despite enduring a difficult start to life at Stamford Bridge.
The Spain international was a marquee signing for Chelsea last year, joining from Liverpool in a deal reportedly worth £50million. However, Torres has only impressed in fits and starts for Chelsea, much like Shevchenko during his time at the club.
The Ukraine international joined from AC Milan to much fanfare but struggled to make an impression in west London, although he believes Torres will not suffer the same fate.
If you trust yourself, an opportunity comes and you score an important goal it can change your story with the club.
Former Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko

"For me, sometimes it was very hard in England," he said. "I really enjoyed the fans. I tell you the Chelsea fans are fantastic. I had two good years. My performances sometimes were good, sometimes was bad with my injury.
"We had two good years. We played the [UEFA Champions League] final and were unlucky, but that is football. To get there it is always a good result, we won a couple of cups so for me they were good years. I think Torres has played well and is trying hard.
"He is unlucky not to be scoring goals and I watch him many, many games. He is moving a lot, doing a lot of work for the team and I think Torres needs time. His physical performance is good, he is just unlucky not to be scoring.
"They have changed the manager and everything, which is not helping. Football is only about the opportunity. If you trust yourself, an opportunity comes and you score an important goal it can change your story with the club."
Excitement about EUROs
Shevchenko now plies his trade for Dynamo Kyiv and is eyeing a spot in Ukraine's squad forUEFA EURO 2012. The co-hosts face Sweden, France and England in Group D at the tournament and the striker believes the latter are fortunate to be able to call upon former Chelsea team-mates John Terry and Frank Lampard.
"They are very important players," he said. "I think experience is important. They have many years with the national team, where the performance of Frank and John Terry is very good.
"I think the decision to strip Terry of the England captaincy should not affect the players. They have to be players on the pitch not outside. There are all these stories about him, but I think it is more important how John performs on the pitch. I can say the last couple of games I saw John Terry play he was very good. He plays like a captain."
Shevchenko refused to contemplate coming up against his former team-mates when the nations clash in Donetsk on 19 June, but admitted he is proud to see the European Championships come to Ukraine.
"It is my dream," he said. "For the last five years I have thought about nothing other than the EUROs in my homeland. I am quite sure the stadiums where we play, like the Donbass Arena and Olympic Stadium, are really great. The whole country is getting ready and is doing everything possible to get things ready in time."