blogger visitor
SPORTS: Muamba hopes to play again (THE SUN)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Muamba hopes to play again (THE SUN)



RECOVERY ... Fabrice Muamba poses with Dr Andrew Deaner (L) and Dr Sam Mohiddin
RECOVERY ... Fabrice Muamba poses with Dr Andrew Deaner (L) and Dr Sam Mohiddin
Published: 48 minutes ago

FABRICE MUAMBA is refusing to rule out playing professional football again — just three months after suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch.

But the 24-year-old's amazing recoverysaw him discharged from hospital a month later and he harbours hopes of turning out for the Trotters again.
Muamba said: "I continue to feel fine. I am improving slowly but surely.
"I have to co-ordinate with my doctor and see what he says but I’ll never say never."
He added: “At the moment I am not doing exercise, I am just enjoying life and travelling.
"It is a great privilege to be able to live with the assistance of a respiratory machine or something like that. It is fantastic.
“I am making small steps every day. I am still being medicated and we will see what happens."
The former England Under-21 international also spoke of his recollection of the day he collapsed.
He said: “The only thing I remember about the game is running back and falling.
"I felt dizzy whilst I was moving back, very dizzy.
“It was a strange sensation, I felt like I was running inside someone else’s body and then I fell.
"My head hit the ground twice and I lost consciousness. I was dead.
“I didn’t feel pain in my body or my head. I didn’t feel anything. That happened on the Saturday and I didn’t wake up until the Monday.
“I have never watched the video because I am not yet ready. Now I intend to enjoy life.
"It is a miracle that I can do things like travel. It is a miracle because I shouldn’t even have lived, so everything that comes now is a bonus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment