blogger visitor
SPORTS: Don’t call me mad Mario (THE SUN)

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Don’t call me mad Mario (THE SUN)



Mario Balotelli
HAIR WE GO ... Balotelli wants to drive England round the bend
Published: 23rd June 2012

MARIO BALOTELLI insists he is not mad as he looks to dump England out of Euro 2012.

The maverick Manchester City striker, 21, is back in Italy’s starting line-up for tonight’s quarter-final in Kiev.
He said: “You’ve all said I had a mental block and that I was struggling but I have no psychological or mental problems at all.”
Asked whether this was a chance to show all his critics the real Balotelli, he replied: “I don’t think Mario needs to show this to anyone. Those who know me know just what I am like.
“I don’t have to prove anything to the Italians or the English.”
England keeper and City team-mate Joe Hart this week said he knows two Balotellis, the world-class striker who can destroy any team and the crazy man who could get sent off at any moment.
The Mohican-haired hitman smiled: “Lucky Joe, he knows two Marios!”
Only yesterday Balotelli’s agent had compared his volatile client to Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up.
But the £20million star insisted: “I could be Peter Pan because I am a bit free and do things my own way — but I am more of a man than Peter Pan.
“My agent says these things because he wants to make people laugh but I am a man and that’s it.”
Balotelli was dropped from Italy’s starting line-up for their last group game against the Republic of Ireland but came on to score a late stunner, before launching into a foul-mouthed tirade at the Irish fans booing him.
Even boss Cesare Prandelli has questioned the forward’s behaviour and attitude but Balotelli insists: “Whether you are on the pitch for 90 minutes or for 20 minutes, you are always going to make mistakes.
“You always get criticism but that’s OK because it helps you to improve.
“Italy has always meant such a lot to me and I was very emotional in the first few games of my first European Championships.
“I might have got a bit worked up because I hadn’t scored, so it was normal to have a reaction.
“But I wasn’t angry and I had no problems on or off the pitch. Contrary to what people have been saying, I don’t have an attitude problem. I have been absolutely fine.”
And he is determined to have the last laugh on his City chums in Kiev tonight.
He added: “It’ll be fun to face my club-mates.
“Do I have a special celebration planned if I score against England? First I have to score. Then you’ll see what I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment