blogger visitor
SPORTS: Robin van Persie: I haven’t scored enough (THE SUN)

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Robin van Persie: I haven’t scored enough (THE SUN)



Robin van Persie
GOAL-DEN BOY ... RVP has set tongues wagging
67

Latest odds from Coral's Tim Reynolds

ROBIN VAN PERSIE is 8-11 to finish this season as the league’s top scorer.
And with the Dutchman currently two goals clear of Luis Suarez at the top of the scoring charts, we fancy Van Persie to reward his backers.

ROBIN VAN PERSIE says his sensational scoring record should be even better.

The Manchester United hitman has already notched 22 goals this term — with 10 in his last 10 games.
But the £22million summer signing from Arsenal declared: “It should have been 10 games, 14 or 15 goals. At least four or five I shouldn’t have missed.
“It’s not going really well. It is going well but if you start to believe it’s going well, you’re going down.
“If I look at all those games, I should have done better in most of them because I had more chances than just one chance and one goal.”
Even so, the fact United are five points clear at the top of the League, and still in the Champions League and FA Cup, makes RVP believe he was right to quit Arsenal last summer.
And the Dutch ace says he feels like a ‘kid in a sweet shop’ as he looks around the dressing room at his new team-mates.
He said: “Arsenal is a great club but after eight years sometimes you feel that you need a new challenge.
“If you look at the last couple of months it explains it all. I’m seeing things again that I didn’t see for a long time.
“For the moment we’re in a great position. We are ahead on points, goal difference is in our favour. All these guys here know how to win and become champions.
“When I first came to Arsenal years ago, I saw things from Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry I’d never seen before.
“Now I’m seeing those things again and that makes me really happy. It’s like a kid in a sweet shop. It’s like, ‘this is good, this is having fun, this is enjoying yourself’.
“All these little things added together make a big difference. It makes me feel that I’m surrounded by champions.”
At 29, Van Persie is in the prime of his career but is already thinking about following Ryan Giggs, 39, and Paul Scholes, 38, by playing on for a long while yet.
He said: “To be fair, I always thought I would go until very late. But then I see these boys — against West Ham recently Giggsy ran the show. He was incredible.”


Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4756472/Robin-van-Persie-wants-more-goals.html#ixzz2Ii4iTwjD

No comments:

Post a Comment