blogger visitor
SPORTS: Bond, Becks, Beatles, the Baked Bean... brilliant! (THE SUN)

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bond, Becks, Beatles, the Baked Bean... brilliant! (THE SUN)


 

Olympic Stadium, London, 20:12 tonight

£27million opening ceremony will be viewed by billions across the globe
On your marks, set, go! ... £27million opening ceremony will be viewed by billions across the globe
120

THE eyes of the world will focus on Britain tonight — and they should “B” prepared for the greatest show ever seen.

The very Best of British will be on display as the 2012 Olympic Games finally kick off with a dazzling £27million opening ceremony viewed by billions across the globe.
National icons including James Bond, David Beckham and Beatle Sir Paul McCartney will all feature. They are expected to open the Games in Stratford, East London, with the Old Baked Bean — cockney slang for the Queen.
James Bond star Daniel Craig and footie ace David Beckham will feature in the opening ceremony
Man With The Golden Boot ... Bond star Daniel Craig and ace David Beckham will feature in the ceremony
Becks, 37, said last night: “It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. What the rest of the world will see, I don’t think any other country could do it better.”
PM David Cameron vowed last night: “You will find it spine-tingling.”
Army helicopters carrying “Bond” are likely to fly over the Olympic Stadium as the 007 movie theme blares out.
Sir Paul McCartney and the Queen
Rock 'n royalty ... Sir Paul McCartney and the Queen
The Sun told earlier this year how Daniel Craig, who plays the all-action agent, filmed scenes for the opening.
England soccer legend Becks will appear at the ceremony after clocking up 18,000 miles in flights in a week.
The star, who writes of his excitement below, flew in from LA last Monday to join Olympic events before returning to the US for a footie friendly.
Opening ceremony pictures on BBC last night
Sneak peek ... opening ceremony pictures on BBC last night
He was back in London yesterday ahead of the Games’ glittering launch, where Macca, 70, is set to top the bill.
Ceremony director Danny Boyle said he’d met the Queen to discuss her appearance at the extravaganza. Asked how she will make her entrance, he said: “I can’t tell you. It’s weather dependent.”
Last night BBC TV news screened images from the ceremony rehearsals.

I wish my dad could see it

Says LORD COE
Coe with his dad Peter
Sadly missed ... Coe with his dad Peter
Neal Simpson/EMPICS Sport
OLYMPICS boss Lord Coe has told of his sorrow that his beloved parents and best friend cannot join him tonight.
Mum Angela died weeks before London won its bid for the Games and dad Peter in 2008. Pal Malcolm Williams passed away in 2006. Coe said:
“It’s been a tough time as I lost both my parents and my best friend over the course of this bid and delivery.
"I’d have loved my parents to be here. I would have loved them to see me carry the Olympic Torch a few weeks ago.
"I would also have loved to have had Malcolm here. He introduced me to East London. I was abroad the night I got asked if I’d be chairman and delayed my decision until I could speak to him.
"When I sit down, I don’t know how I’ll feel. To an extent it’s like watching a child grow over seven years.
"I’ll feel immense pride and a sense of gratitude to the spirit and generosity of people in this country. There’ll be excitement and a little nervousness too. None of us want to let people down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment