“I said already that the fourth position for me is not an impossible mission. If you ask me the title I would say impossible mission. Maybe Tom Cruise can do it.”
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho can afford a joke after his side beat Norwich City 1-0 to end a run of three straight defeats
Hamilton Academical wear France's away kit in show of solidarity for victims of the Paris terror attacks
 “I thought it was a bit strange when I arrived as I didn’t see any of the City players and Alan Grieve our kit man who’s always early was nowhere to be seen. When I saw another team arrive with different coloured track suits it suddenly clicked that I was in the wrong place. I phoned my wife to find out where I should be and she told me we were playing at Glebe Park. That left me with just under an hour and a half to get myself to Glebe Park which is just over 85 miles away. Luckily the roads were fine and I arrived 25 minutes before kick-off. Incredibly, this is not the first time it’s happened to me as when I was a kid with Rangers I remember turning up to the wrong ground. It’s something that I don’t want to make a habit of so I’ll be keeping a close look at the fixture card in future!”
Brechin City keeper Graeme Smith explains how he wrongly turned up at Stenhousemuir’s ground for Saturday’s Scottish League One home game. Brechin lost 2-1
“We just kicked an old ball around. There was no league. No goals. It wasn’t organised. The field was wherever you made it. It was just fun, and we played until the sun went down or the shooting started.”
Columbus Crew and Sierra Leone striker Kei Kamara in a moving interview withFIFA.com about growing up and playing football amidst his country’s civil war
“I love a bargain. Who does not love a bargain? I don’t know many people that don’t like a bargain.”
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hinting that he might be going shopping in the January sales.
“The first few months, staying with an English family without my friends and family, were tough. Coming to terms with not playing, and spending day after day without sun, as well as the different food and being all alone, made me mature. Eating an evening meal at 6pm was really strange; in Spain it’s at 10pm. [FFT: Did you try beans on toast?] Yeah, I did, and fish and chips. I can’t say I liked either too much.”
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique on his original move from the Spanish club to Manchester United, in conversation with Four Four Two magazine
“One thing Britain does give you is access to football 24-7, which is like a playground for people in terms of their learning and development.”
Canada coach John Herdman, one of five nominees for the 2015 FIFA World Coach of the Year for Women’s Football to hail from Great Britain
“Honestly, for me, football is deadly serious for 90 minutes and that’s it. The whole circus that’s built up around it, the protagonists who are made out to be this, that, or the other – it’s all crazy, obviously, and happily I’m smart enough to be able see that for what it is. So I tend to prefer a more humorous approach to the subject.”
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp
“Soccer is a lifestyle that I live and preach my whole life. I love this kind of challenge, where you have to build a champion by giving your best in every moment. I see the Chicago Fire as a hurt lion ready to unleash all its power.”
Newly appointed Chicago Fire head coach Veljko Paunovic, who guided Serbia to theirmaiden FIFA U-20 World Cup title earlier this summer, during his first press conference at his new club
"I have to be honest and say, though, that I really do like mine."
Philippe Mexes on his strike that has been nominated for the FIFA Puskás Award when comparing his effort to the other nine goals up for the prize
“We talked about our roots and then looked on the map to see where we both come from – the two places really aren’t that far from each other. We swapped shirts, which was fantastic. I don’t know what he’s done with mine now (laughs), but I was delighted to receive his – he even signed it. It was very cool to meet him.”
Gina Lewandowski on meeting her Polish namesake, Robert