"We're all shaken and shocked. For me personally, the game and the sport loses importance. We're at a loss. We don't know what to do."
Joachim Low speaking after Germany's 2-0 loss to Les Bleus at the Stade de France on Friday, which was one of the locations of the attacks that took place across Paris
“I would love to play at the European Championship in France. I have played there for four years. I have put Sweden on the world map and now I have put France on the world map too.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the prospect of representing Sweden at the UEFA EURO 2016 in France next summer
"That is outstanding, that's a really great gesture and gave me goosebumps."
Bayern Munich defender Holger Badstuber moved by the crowd's standing ovation on his return from injury
"When you are yelling 'Attack! Attack! Attack!' and you attack for 85 minutes, you have to think as a fan, is it all right to yell that? They want us to know we have to score. My mother knows that and my grandmother knows that. Goals are always the most important thing."
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal expresses his view on the club's fans telling his team to attack
“I wanted Arsenal to be Hussein’s middle name, but Tania wasn’t having it.”
Olympic gold medalist Mo Farah after the birth of his first son
"There's so much happening in football and I love to think and talk about it so much that I end up having very little time to worry. Another reason I don't worry so much is because of the exceptional quality of care I've been getting from the doctors. We're passed the first round and a new road is opening up.”
Former Ajax and Barcelona star who led the Netherlands to the FIFA World Cup™ Final in 1974 Johan Cruyff wrote in his weekly column in Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf while getting treatment for lung cancer
“Marton was a most beautiful man who brought nothing but joy and a big, radiant smile into the Sunderland dressing room. The news is so tragic. He has a beautiful family as well, and I echo the sentiments of all the players and ex-players, ex-colleagues and people who knew him. His care for others was noticeable. Every day, he was anxious and eager to assist younger players. He was a huge character in our dressing room. Anyone who ever came into contact with him will feel terrible.”
Niall Quinn on the passing of Hungary and Sunderland goalkeeper Marton Fulop
"To speak seriously, it is not easy. I know 50 per cent [of the women] approach just for [celebrity] interest…It's normal, not just me. All the famous people have these kind of problems. But I think I am a confident guy. I'm tall, have all my teeth, have a nice body."
Cristiano Ronaldo on consistently being pursued by women
"In these cases, you can only do two things: throw in the towel or give your all to show that the others are wrong. I chose the second path and I hope that Van Persie does the same. But I know that when you go through a moment like this, you feel like you're in hell."
Wesley Sneijder on Robin van Persie getting dropped from the Netherlands team
“Just in the last month I’ve talked a lot to my agent and my wife about starting to get the itch to coach. What all of us want to do when we get out of the game is we want to have the ability to go back and make an impact and help others. I didn’t have anybody at 16, 17, 18, 19 that was telling me what to do or how to react or how to act in certain situations and I wish I would have had that. I want to have the ability to impact people in that way and to affect change in a positive way, and I think I have a lot to give in that way."
Landon Donovan on the possibility of a coaching career in the future