blogger visitor
SPORTS: Jose Mourinho: Chelsea boss feels work was 'betrayed' by players

Monday, December 14, 2015

Jose Mourinho: Chelsea boss feels work was 'betrayed' by players


Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said he felt his "work was betrayed" in the Blues' defeat by Leicester in the Premier League.
The defending champions suffered their ninth league defeat in 16 games with a 2-1 loss against the Foxes, who go top.
It leaves the club in 16th position, just a point above the relegation zone.
"One of my best qualities is to read the game for my players and I feel like my work was betrayed," said Portuguese boss Mourinho.
"One possibility is that I did an amazing job last season and brought the players to a level that is not their level and now they can't maintain it,"

Too good to go down?

Chelsea's Eden Hazard
Chelsea's Eden Hazard had to go off after just half an hour following a challenge by Leicester's Jamie Vardy
Chelsea only lost three times in the whole of last season as they cantered to the title by eight points from Manchester City.
They now find themselves at the wrong end of the table and come up against second-bottom Sunderland on Saturday.
"I accept we are in the relegation zone but I don't accept we are in a relegation battle," said Mourinho.
"You look at the table and we are there but you think you are in a relegation battle if you think you are there for three or four months. I don't think that.
"To turn things around, I know only one way - working at the top level.
"Day by day in training I have no complaints with [players]. But is it frustrating to see what they are doing in training and what they do in matches."
Asked whether the Champions League spots were out of reach, he said: "We can't finish top four, but we can still finish top six because so many teams are dropping points. At the moment we are in a zone where I feel ashamed."

'I want to stay'

Chelsea's poor form this campaign has inevitably led to questions about whether Mourinho will lose his job, but he is adamant he will continue.
"The last question is always the same. The only thing I can say is that I want to be the manager," he added. "I have no doubts and I think you know me well enough to know that I am not afraid of a big challenge and in this moment it is a really big challenge.
"I want to stay and I hope Mr Roman Abramovich and the board want me to stay because I want to stay."

Hazard 'clearly injured'

PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard has been unable to replicate last season's superb form, failing to score so far. He lasted just half an hour on Monday, having to be substituted after a challenge by Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, from which Mourinho initially seemed to feel he could recover.
"He made the decision to come off. So it must be a serious injury," Mourinho added.
"His first reaction was 'I can't continue', his second reaction was 'I want to try', but after his first step back on the pitch he said he couldn't. He's injured clearly."

No comments:

Post a Comment