blogger visitor
SPORTS: GUARDIOLA DEFENDS HIMSELF "I don't have a German mentality, I'm Catalan"

Friday, August 21, 2015

GUARDIOLA DEFENDS HIMSELF "I don't have a German mentality, I'm Catalan"

GUARDIOLA DEFENDS HIMSELF

"I don't have a German mentality, I'm Catalan"

08/21/2015
  • 0
I don't have a German mentality, I'm Catalan
Bayern MunichcoachPep Guardioladefended himself against criticism claiming he is depriving the club of its German mentality.
"I'm here to learn about the German mentality too. I don't have a German mentality, I'm Catalan", he stated.
"This topic has been ongoing for some time. I'm sorry, but I just give my best for the club, to keep up this level and to win the treble again just like Jupp Heynckes did", was his defence.
Former coach Ottmar Hitzfeld reopened the can of worms that is the debate over the high number of foreign players in the German champions' ranks.
"If he had complete confidence in Mario Götze, he wouldn't have signed Douglas Costa. I see there's a tendency to sign too many foreign players to the detriment of the German mentality", claimed Hitzfeld on Sky Germany last Sunday.
The Spanish coach responded by reminding Hitzfeld how there were only four German regulars during his tenure, including in the 2001 Champions League final: "Today we have more German players in our starting line-up. It's a German club with a German mentality. We're here to adapt to the German mentality. I've already said it, I've given and continue to give my best", insisted Guardiola.

No comments:

Post a Comment