blogger visitor
SPORTS: David Spade Recalls Jack Nicholson Asking Out His Girlfriend In Front Of Him

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

David Spade Recalls Jack Nicholson Asking Out His Girlfriend In Front Of Him

David Spade Recalls Jack Nicholson Asking Out His Girlfriend In Front Of Him

feed_manager_auto_publish_494--autopubtest_WPTUMBLR_485 
View gallery
.
image
What do you do when Jack Nicholson asks your girlfriend out right in front of you?
Nothing at all, seemingly.
Well, according to comic actor David Spade, that is, who suffered such an indignity when he was going out with actress Lara Flynn Boyle.
Spade, who’s starred in movies like ‘Grown Ups’ and 'Tommy Boy’ with Chris Farley, and TV shows including 'Just Shoot Me!’ and 'Rules of Engagement’, dated Boyle for a brief spell following her divorce from John Patrick Dee III.
He recalls the the moment that 'The Shining’ star sidled up to her in some detail.
“Nicholson asked Lara Flynn Boyle out in front of me, while we were all smoking a doob somewhere,” Spade told Details magazine.
View gallery
.
image
“She got mad because I didn’t stick up for her.
“I said, ‘I’ve been in this town long enough to know when I’m outranked. You’re either gonna go out with him or you’re not.’
“She goes, 'No way. He’s worse than Trump!’”
However, Boyle did seemingly take Nicholson up on the offer, but it ended in some peculiar drama, with Nicholson crashing Boyle’s mother’s Mercedes, and Boyle allegedly fleeing the scene because she was still technically dating Spade.
Spade added that Boyle 'crawled out of the sunroof and yelled, “I have a boyfriend! I can’t be here!”’
No Nicholson story appears to be without a life of its own.
Spade, whose star-studded cult movie 'Tommy Boy’ turns 20 this year, also spoke about his friend and 'Saturday Night Live’ co-star Chris Farley during the interview.
View gallery
.
image
Farley, soon to be the subject of new documentary 'I Am Chris Farley’, featuring a wealth of famous talking heads, died at the age of 33 following a drug overdose.
“People still give me s**t about him: 'I wish you had died instead of Chris Farley,’” Spade said.
“That’s on Twitter almost every day.”
He added: “I don’t like the assumption that I think I was in the same league as Chris. I was not. He was his own superstar.”
Image credits: Yahoo Celebrity/Rex Features
 View Comments (308)

No comments:

Post a Comment