blogger visitor
SPORTS: Relive the Ballon d'Or Gala

Monday, January 11, 2016

Relive the Ballon d'Or Gala


14:59
THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT!
Wow! What a fantastic evening celebrating football. We hope you have enjoyed our LIVE coverage of the entire FIFA Ballon d'Or Gala from Zurich's Kongresshaus.
Beginning with the afternoon's press conferences, to the glitz and glamour of the Red Carpet, to the Gala itself where the awards were (finally!) handed out and all of the post-show reaction, it has been quite the day!
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you for following along with us!

14:58
14:54
JILL ELLIS REACTIONIt's a tremendous honour and of course I am very, very proud. But more important is that I get to share it with the people that helped me to get it. That’s my players and staff because it was truly was a team effort to get to this point.
Both of my parents have been incredibly supportive. My Dad has been involved in football his whole life and just for him to be here and to share it with me is very, very special.
I am always looking forward, so right now I’m focusing on qualifying. And if we qualify, I’ll hopefully be focusing on winning the Olympic Gold Medal!

14:53
CARLI LLOYD REACTION
First of all: Congratulations! What went through your head when you heard your name?Well, you never know in this moment. I was one of three finalists. Celia and Aya are phenomenal footballers and honestly, you never know. It’s one of these things when your nerves are going, your heart is beating and when my name was called, it was one of the best moments ever.
Would you agree when I say that 2016 has started pretty well for you. Could it be a good a good omen for Rio 2016?Absolutely. I think 2016 is going to be good. This is all great, but the expectations are really high of me right now and I have to continue working really hard and continue to improve and thelp my team in any way possible. All eyes are on Rio and qualifying. But this was truly humbling. The most amazing moment of my career.
What’s your verdict on Jill Ellis being voted the best coach in women’s football?I think hands down she definitely deserved it. Mark and the Japanese Coach are phenomenal coaches as well. So you just again never know what’s going to happen. I think us winning the World Cup sealed the deal. Jill is a fantastic manager, a fantastic coach. She has just been amazing. I am so happy that she is still with our team and I am so happy that I can continue working with her.

14:51
WENDELL LIRA REACTION
It feels like a dream, doesn’t it?
Man, it is a dream. It seems like I achieve more and more with every moment. All I can do is to thank God for all this.
Will you tell us exactly what you went through your mind when you heard your name?I didn’t know whether to cry, to go to the stage, to run around, to cry even more, because it’s a new feeling for me. Never in my life would I have thought I’d go through this: to be among stars - to run against Messi! Winning this award will always be a milestone in my life.
When you scored that goal, could you even imagine that it’d mean so much for your life?Not at all. I was unpretentious about it. I did find it to be a very beautiful goal, but it was supposed to be just another one. But God gave me this moment and brought me on a journey which I never thought could happen.
Take us back to the journey. How much did the nomination impact your day to day life?I was playing the regional league for Goianesia, a small town in the state of Goias. There were 297 people watching the game that evening, and all of a sudden I score this goal and it’s nominated for the Puskás Award. My life turned upside down: Everything changed suddenly. I must really thank everyone who voted for my goal. They were a part of this award.

14:44
14:44
14:29
CRUYFF PRAISEHis dad won three Ballons d'Or, so he knows talent when he sees it!
14:28

No comments:

Post a Comment