blogger visitor
SPORTS: Angry Kim Collins out of 100 meters for visiting family (USA TODAY)

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Angry Kim Collins out of 100 meters for visiting family (USA TODAY)



Olympic sprinter Kim Collins of St. Kitts & Nevis took to social media Saturday to announce that he will not be running the 100 meters at London.
  • Kim Collins of St. Kitts & Nevis was sent home from the London Games.
    By Julian Finney, Getty Images
    Kim Collins of St. Kitts & Nevis was sent home from the London Games.
By Julian Finney, Getty Images
Kim Collins of St. Kitts & Nevis was sent home from the London Games.

Sponsored Links

Collins, who won the 100-meter world title in 2003, was punished for breaking the team discipline rules by leaving the athletes' village.
"Kim has not been in camp the last couple of days," St. Kitts and Nevis team spokesman Lester Hanley told the Associated Press.
Collins said he was only trying to see his family. The Guardianreported that Collins initially posted the following message on this Facebook page:
"Hours before my 5th 100m olympic race, i now find out i cant run,all because i was in a hotel with my wife/coach. S.K.N.O.C REALLY? Are you freakig kiddin me!!!!!!!!"
He announced on Twitter Saturday: "My fans. I won't lie. Won't be running later tonight. …For those who saw me run in Mexico. That's the last time I represent my country."
Then he followed up by tweeting: "Even men in prison get their wives to visit."
Collins, 36, was competing in his fifth Olympics and carried the flag for St. Kitts & Nevis at the opening ceremony.
Collins is still entered in the 200 and the 4x100 relay and could still run.
"That I can't answer at this point whether they will give it further consideration," Hanley said.

No comments:

Post a Comment